This policy describes the information we process to support Frontier Virtual, website and ACARS, in providing membership services that you have requested. This statement applies to Frontier Virtual and http://frontiervirtual.net/.
About Frontier Virtual
Frontier Virtual is a non-profit virtual aviation organization for simulation pilots, an environment in which the individuals can experience, learn, and have fun while conducting basic and advanced piloting skills using flight simulator software. While simulating real world operations in flight simulator is a goal, Frontier Virtual wants to promote and teach all forms of aviation. Frontier Virtual would like to be a learning tool, where flight simulator users can come to experience a new level of both real and virtual aviation.
Information We Collect
Frontier Virtual only collects information required to provide membership services to you.
- Information we request when signing up for a membership on the Frontier Virtual website:
- Password: We only store an irreversible hashed version of your password in the database. The actual password you provide is never saved on the server.
- First/Last Name: Your name is stored in the database and displayed on the Member Roster and the Live Flight Map.
- E-mail Address: Your e-mail address is stored in the database in case we need to communicate with you pertaining to your membership. Your e-mail address will not be visible to other users anywhere on the website.
- Date of Birth: Your date of birth is stored in the database and used to provide you pilot shop points on your birthday and to aid in account recovery. Your date of birth will not be visible to other users anywhere on the website.
- Location (Country): Your country will be stored in the database to aid in account recovery. Your country will not be visible to other users anywhere on the website.
- VATSIM ID: Your VATSIM ID will be stored in the database and used for validating manual flight reports and transfer hours. It is also displayed on the Member Roster.
- IVAO ID: Your IVAO ID will be stored in the database and used for validating manual flight reports and transfer hours. It is also displayed on the Member Roster.
Information that is automatically collected:
A record of the pages you visit and/or the content you download from the website. This information is known as a "Server Log" and is used for diagnostic purposes. Our server logs are automatically deleted after 10 days.
Your IP Address, which is automatically collected as part of the Server Log for security reasons and to prevent abuse.
A Session Cookie may be saved to your computer to permit basic website functionality. This cookie does not contain any personal information.
Managing Your Personal Information
You may view, modify or delete your personal information from your Profile Page.
If you wish to delete your membership account and request that your personal information be removed from the Frontier Virtual server, please email the HRO.
Member account information is stored in the database until you explicitly request that it be removed.
Security and Storage
Frontier Virtual secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. All information transmitted to the website is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and although measures are taken to protect your personal data, Frontier Virtual cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the server.
This service is for users age 13 and over and Frontier Virtual does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information, please contact the HRO.
Personal information stored on this website will never be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any third parties, unless such a transfer has been expressly consented to or requested by the user.
This website may contain links to other websites which are hosted by and maintained by third parties. Frontier Virtual is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites.